northernplunder

Northern Plunder

Lauren | Bibliophile | UK
You can find me at Blogspot, Tumblr & occassionaly YouTube.

The Walking Dead, Compendium 1
Cliff Rathburn, Charlie Adlard, Tony Moore, Robert Kirkman
Later with Myself: The Misadventures of Millie Moskowitz
Sheryl Sorrentino
The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater, Will Patton
Imaginable: 2 (Intangible) - J. Meyers This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

As I'm sure many of you know I've been reading all the books J. Meyers has written for us and fallen completely in love with her fantasy world and even paid for a signed copy of Intangible to be shipped out to the UK where it now sits and looks beautiful on my shelf, maybe I'll end up with a copy of Imaginable too? Well I certainly hope so because this sequel was not a let down.
Imaginable continues to follow twins, Luke and Sera, and almost instantly pulls you into their fast paced adventure as Sera uses her healing powers to help heal vampires back into humans ...or is she? And if she isn't, what danger could these new being hold? These are the problems they're faced with as a team of no-longer-vampires-but-not-quiet-humans step into their lives and certainly not for anything good.
What I enjoyed most about this book was the development of not only the characters but their powers too, only when the twins were at their personal worst were they aware of exactly how limited their knowledge of their powers were and we got to see their powers grow and experience it with them which really helps you get attached to Luke and Sera alike. We also got to explore and spend a lot more time in the Realm; the home of the Light Elves and meeting of The Good Mother Keren was particularly amazing, and J Meyer's descriptions of this new world made it easy to visualise and believe it could truly exist. It was beautiful. Of course we also got to learn more about the Dark Elves too which is a little less on the beautiful side of things but not an ounce less interesting, they may be the "bad" guys to the other Elves but they have a range of mythical creatures on their side which was certainly interesting to read about, I just couldn't put the book down and I really can not do it justice.
On that note I want to sign out with letting you know this isn't a YA book to pass up but of course I haven't spoke about my favourite vampire Jonas, so I'll keep it short and spoiler free: he's as awesome as ever with some great moments, and I truly can not wait to see what is in store for him and the others next time round. I'm sure J Meyers will not be one to disappoint.