northernplunder

Northern Plunder

Lauren | Bibliophile | UK
You can find me at Blogspot, Tumblr & occassionaly YouTube.

The Walking Dead, Compendium 1
Cliff Rathburn, Charlie Adlard, Tony Moore, Robert Kirkman
Later with Myself: The Misadventures of Millie Moskowitz
Sheryl Sorrentino
The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater, Will Patton
The Archived SNEAK PEEK (The Archived, #1) - Victoria Schwab This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

I would like to start of by stating I was unlucky enough to get to read a sneak peak of The Archived by Victoria Schwab. Unlucky you say? But surely Lauren this is not the correct word to use for a book you rated so highly. Why yes this exactly the correct word because holy mother of jelly, I honestly didn't want to put it down! The sneak peak was 108 pages short and in that time not only did it give us complete introductions to the main and not-so-main characters, but the full background details were filled in along with the introduction to what the plot revolves around and then of course it cuts you off just at that exact moment in which she meets that guy. Yes that guy, you know the one guy who is probably going to be a love interest and he's all mysterious and is in the same profession as her. I think what I like best about the part of the book I've read is that Mac isn't just a paper thin character, everything that she has been through - the loss of her Da and brother, moving home and leaving her best friend behind, finding out about a murder in her new home and dealing with becoming a Keeper on top of trying to be convince the rest of our world that she's a normal teenager means she has a lot of layers to her and to see her character develop even more will be a treat. I would have a guess to say that this isn't going to be one of those easy reads because it definitely has the option to go very deep and dark if it wanted too and I' very very very irritated in not being able to finish it just yet, why oh why did I agree to a book buying ban. I can't even ask for it for Valentines as I already know what I'm getting so I'm going to have bite my nails down a lot and wait until I've read enough of my read pile and I'll be allowed to purchase it, in the mean time I'll be right here pulling my hair out and dying to know more about the beautiful world I have so wonderfully be introduced too.