northernplunder

Northern Plunder

Lauren | Bibliophile | UK
You can find me at Blogspot, Tumblr & occassionaly YouTube.

The Walking Dead, Compendium 1
Cliff Rathburn, Charlie Adlard, Tony Moore, Robert Kirkman
Later with Myself: The Misadventures of Millie Moskowitz
Sheryl Sorrentino
The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater, Will Patton
Lost At Sea - Bryan Lee O'Malley This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

I picked this up during a read-a-thon because I hadn't quite hit my goal for book count and I knew a short read would help out with that, not to mention it had been sat on my to read shelf for far too long. I honestly didn't know what to expect from it because I hadn't read the synopsis and bought it on a whim for my boyfriend after he enjoyed the Scott Pilgrim series by the same author. So here I was delving into Bryan Lee O'Malley's writing for the first time and it was an amazing moment.
Obviously not knowing what this book was about, it was a bit of shock finding out the main character believes she has no soul because a cat stole it or because her mum made a deal with the devil who placed it in a cat, and she also doesn't exactly tell the story from point A to point B, its more like point M to point C to point H to point A. That makes it sound confusing. Its not. Its very well told and put together and I just want to gush at how much I loved it.
I think for me, what I liked the most is that I connected with Raleigh a fair amount, okay so I'm pretty sure my soul is still in tact but ending up on a road trip by complete accident and the way she perceives herself is how I do the majority of the days. I guess a lot of teenagers do though. I guess the majority of teenagers feel Lost at Sea at some point, and I think that's what I loved about this book, it really did connect with me. All in all its a beautiful short read and worth picking up!