northernplunder

Northern Plunder

Lauren | Bibliophile | UK
You can find me at Blogspot, Tumblr & occassionaly YouTube.

The Walking Dead, Compendium 1
Cliff Rathburn, Charlie Adlard, Tony Moore, Robert Kirkman
Later with Myself: The Misadventures of Millie Moskowitz
Sheryl Sorrentino
The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater, Will Patton
Believe Like a Child - Paige Dearth This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

I honestly do not think I've felt such a range of emotions throughout a book before, it has left me somewhat speechless As I was finishing up reading it I burst into tears, not just because what had happened on the page in front of me but because I'd held back such strong emotions throughout the every page, it certainly becomes a weight and really touches your heart. Sounds silly I know. This story follows Alessa throughout her roller coaster of a life - and by this I don't mean its thrilling and exciting, I mean it has plenty of ups and downs - a few of my friends asked myself how I could possibly sit, read, by choice, and enjoy a book where rape and abuse happens for what feels like 80% of the book and I felt a little lost and first because it does seem an absurbed thing to do when I choose to read to relax and as first I did struggle getting through pages of the book but soon I found the more I read, the harder the book was to put down, whilst what I was reading was far from pleasant it was interesting, interesting to see how Alessa not only handled herself and the situations she was faced with time and time again, but to see how as a person she grew, bloomed if you will, into this amazing woman. Not only that, we can't simply sit back and pretend things like this don't happen, because they do and you'd have thought by now the world would have changed but its probably something that's never going to happen, no matter how hard we all wish. Anyway back to Alessa and her story, like I said it really is a tragedy, but on her journey she gains a new family and gets to live and cherish a life that we all take for granted. It is an amazing book. I'm not even going to delve into the ending which led me tears, that is something you're going to have to read about for yourself. But just remember no matter how insignificant you feel, if you will it enough you can change your life and the lives of those around you and make a difference in this world. I really really recommend this book and that's why I'm giving it a 4.5 star rating, I can't quiet commit to the full 5 but wow, it's just amazing.