northernplunder

Northern Plunder

Lauren | Bibliophile | UK
You can find me at Blogspot, Tumblr & occassionaly YouTube.

The Walking Dead, Compendium 1
Cliff Rathburn, Charlie Adlard, Tony Moore, Robert Kirkman
Later with Myself: The Misadventures of Millie Moskowitz
Sheryl Sorrentino
The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater, Will Patton
Dark Kiss - Michelle Rowen This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

I wasn't really sure what to expect from this book as I've never read a book with an angel in before. Or at least not one that I can remember. But this book definitely made an impression on me. I did almost gave it 4 stars instead of 3.5 and though I enjoyed what I read I have a feeling the second book will be a lot better and this really set up for a great sequel. This story follows Sam who is a normal teen in every sense possible, bland looking, good grades and a bit of thievery whilst he parents were going through a divorce. Well... I say normal because she starts off that way, until she gets kissed by the boy next door. Ooops big mistake! Soon afterwards, before she realises how much of a mistake the kiss was, she stumbles into the path of an Angel and shortly afterwards a Demon. The Angel and Demon are currently on Earth to protect the area from another being that is taking peoples souls, creating others who can take their soul through a simple but deadly kiss and now Sam has to help. Or does she? Sam is left in a difficult position because lets face it having all this dumped on you in one night is not something easily dealt with and did I mention she witnessed a murder too? Its not something normal people can deal with easily which is why I guess its a good job that with Sam no longer having a soul, it makes her (and only her) very special indeed. I do have to nit pick with a few things about Sam, I enjoyed the male characters a lot more than I did her and I also feel like we can expect a huge flip in personality if we meet Carly again, but as for Sam I think sometimes she needed to trust her gut instincts a bit more and not be pushed about my other characters because lets be honest it was so obvious that the Source was simply using her and toying with her emotions and it was completely her own fault for misunderstanding Bishop's promise and sometimes I felt like she was reading Bishop's emotions a bit too well through his eyes considering she'd never been involved with someone before but I was happy to dismiss this because it could also be down to her new found powers..
Side Note: This book made me crave chicken wings, constantly. I want some now just thinking about it and reviewing it. Man can someone please give me some chicken wings? I finished this book on the 14th June and still haven't had any! Le sigh. Here lets just look at some yummy pictures instead.
Recommend? Yes.