northernplunder

Northern Plunder

Lauren | Bibliophile | UK
You can find me at Blogspot, Tumblr & occassionaly YouTube.

The Walking Dead, Compendium 1
Cliff Rathburn, Charlie Adlard, Tony Moore, Robert Kirkman
Later with Myself: The Misadventures of Millie Moskowitz
Sheryl Sorrentino
The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater, Will Patton
Zelah Green - Vanessa Curtis This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

I was browsing my local library for something new because I needed something that wasn't in my usual reading genre but at the same time I needed a short book so I wouldn't be spending ages on it as I have a habit of renewing library books a lot so I refuse to borrow something over 400 pages cause I'm lazy I guess! I found the lovely light green and small book, the title grabbed me first because lets face it Zelah Green isn't an ordinary name and I also ended up really liking the cover too, something about its cleanness just makes sense to me - then of course I read the synopsis and found out it was about a girl with OCD which explains the lovely clean and mess free cover! I hadn't read a book with a character who's dealing with OCD before. I sat in the back of the car on the way to a university open day and read the whole thing then and there, I loved the book page after page and felt the story was super gripping, if you break it down there isn't a lot that happens compared to my usual reads - no mysterious murders or zombies trying to tears your insides out - but its much more focused on happenings around her, really personal things from finding out who true friends are, overcoming her OCD little by little, helping others with their problems and waking up from a dream world. The whole book just felt right, I'm sat here trying to find a fault with it but I really did enjoy it and I can't wait to read the sequel cause it has such a teasing ending. The only reason its not a full five stars is because I think it was aimed at a slightly younger audience, maybe 15 year olds? but luckily it was the perfect read to escape from a horrendous car journey and just relax.
Recommend? Yes its a lovely short read.