northernplunder

Northern Plunder

Lauren | Bibliophile | UK
You can find me at Blogspot, Tumblr & occassionaly YouTube.

The Walking Dead, Compendium 1
Cliff Rathburn, Charlie Adlard, Tony Moore, Robert Kirkman
Later with Myself: The Misadventures of Millie Moskowitz
Sheryl Sorrentino
The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater, Will Patton
FLCL Omnibus - Gainax, Hajime Ueda This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

I honestly have no idea what I just read. It's bizzare, confusing and all over the place. I don't know whether it has something to do with me being tired every time I tried reading it or if it was due to the fact I was reading it on my laptop. I just don't really think I took any of this manga in. There is a girl with a vespa, a boy who grows a robot out of a lump of his head (not the mention the semi-naked girl dressed as a bunny), another girl who has a jellyfish-looking-thing growing out of her head and cats that seem to be some form of higher beings or Gods. I just - what? I enjoyed what I understood but I just couldn't follow the storyline and was left so utterly confused that I almost almost gave up. I think one day I'd like to try and reread this in a hard copy because I think that would really help for me to take in what the hell was going on and it'd be a lot easier to flick back and read or double check the previous pages. I'd try and write more but I don't really think I can do it justice from this readthrough.
Recommend? Yes simply so you can explain to me what I read.