northernplunder

Northern Plunder

Lauren | Bibliophile | UK
You can find me at Blogspot, Tumblr & occassionaly YouTube.

The Walking Dead, Compendium 1
Cliff Rathburn, Charlie Adlard, Tony Moore, Robert Kirkman
Later with Myself: The Misadventures of Millie Moskowitz
Sheryl Sorrentino
The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater, Will Patton
A Game of Thrones  - George R.R. Martin This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

My Review: A Game of Thrones has a huge standing reputation within the book community and I actually bought an eCopy of the book expecting to find it... okay at best. But boy was I wrong! It lived up to and excelled all the hype and praise that I have heard first or second hand, I was seriously taken back in surprise. It didn't take long for me to pick up watching the television series as well because I just couldn't get enough and hand to introduce it to my non-reader-of-a-boyfriend somehow, and by chance he actually took to it like glue too which gave me the excuse to buy another copy of the book in paperback for him to read, which he slowly but surely progressing through - I have never been prouder, he bought a bookmark too! I realise I've drifted a little here but trust me if it wasn't that good, I wouldn't have two copies of the first two books and stuck with the television series. As this book is so large and never-ending (you know, cause its part of a super long series that is still being written) I decided to review it with a little bit of a twist - I'm not going to review the book. Nope. I'm instead going to give you my opinions on the main characters, and a few others. I hope you'll enjoy and at the end I'd like to hear what you think about the characters too, if that is okay? I really would love to discuss this book even more than I already have in a GR group.

The review is much longer on my blog, stop by for more opinions on the characters.