northernplunder

Northern Plunder

Lauren | Bibliophile | UK
You can find me at Blogspot, Tumblr & occassionaly YouTube.

The Walking Dead, Compendium 1
Cliff Rathburn, Charlie Adlard, Tony Moore, Robert Kirkman
Later with Myself: The Misadventures of Millie Moskowitz
Sheryl Sorrentino
The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater, Will Patton
Intangible - J. Meyers This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

Whilst doing the daily rounds of visiting your blogs I stumbled across Intangible, it was the cover that took my eye and after reading the synopsis I knew I really wanted to read it. I also knew I was on a book buying ban and I wouldn't be able to get my hands on it any time soon, or so I thought. Not longer after leaving my comment, J. Meyers contacted me and offered me a copy for review. I was so happy, and after reading it I am even more glad that she did. It didn't take many pages for me to realise I was going to adore this book, and then the appearance of Jonas confirmed it. In case you're unaware I am a complete sucker for Vampires, on the synopsis of this book there is no mention of them and low and behold we have one, one who I imagine to be pretty dashing even whilst feeding. ...I'm getting a little sidetracked here.
The story follows twins Sera and Luke as they each start to realise there is more to their powers, more to their life, than they originally thought or knew. Luke has the ability to See the future, but not at his own will, the future he has Seen is not a happy one as it is his sisters death. As the future unfolds before him - bit by bit - he has to piece together what he learns to find a way to stop his sisters fate, but it turns out to be a lot harder than he imagined especially with all the extra attention she starts to get. Sera is a healer and being a healer has it's ups and downs. The obvious positives about it is she can heal people who are hurt physically or emotionally, the negatives are that this isn't a natural gift and she needs to be very careful with how she goes about her healing to not get noticed. Unfortunately it does, by the wrong kind of people. It is because of this that their lives soon get turned upside down which is when the book gets very fast paced as we follow the twins, their best friend - Feyth - and Sera's "new boyfriend", not the mention the dashing Vampire Jonas! I adored this book and even though I tried to guess the ending - which I do with every book because I like to figure out what is coming - I actually didn't figure this one out which is definitely good news for me because well (going off topic here a little bit) I'll be watching a Vampire Diaries episode and 5 minutes in I tell my Dad what is going to happen at the end and I'm always right. But as I was saying it was nice to be surprised by the outcome of everything, I have a feeling that it has something to do with the fact I was super emerged in the book and could hardly think about anything else (completely unlike Vampire Diaries, I mean c'mon how many parent figures do you HAVE to kill off?). At the end of the book it gives a little sneak preview into what to expect from the next book by briefly introducing two new characters which I'm super happy happened because otherwise I would have been left confused as to how the series could follow so now I have to sit and wait patiently for the second to arrive, and I'm no good at being patient! To sum up, I loved this book and highly recommend it to well, everyone and once I'm allowed to buy books again I will be buying a paperback copy so it can join my stack of books (I don't have a book shelf...).