northernplunder

Northern Plunder

Lauren | Bibliophile | UK
You can find me at Blogspot, Tumblr & occassionaly YouTube.

The Walking Dead, Compendium 1
Cliff Rathburn, Charlie Adlard, Tony Moore, Robert Kirkman
Later with Myself: The Misadventures of Millie Moskowitz
Sheryl Sorrentino
The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater, Will Patton
Little Gypsy - Roxy Freeman This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

Honestly I'm not sure where to start. I had a lot of trouble with this book due to the fact I have no interest in the outdoors and for a lot of the time throughout the book couldn't really relate to anything, the only part I could relate to was how she felt when studying. With my lack of interest of things I must say that this book is interesting in itself, before hand I didn't know a lot of gypsies/travellers so it was good to know that I was actually learning something whilst reading. Much like the summary gives away, it isn't just about their lifestyle but to the horrors she had to face at such a young age, it certainly was eye opening. Even though I found this book an interesting and eye opening read it just wasn't my cup of tea and I couldn't wait to finish reading it so I could move on, this doesn't mean it's a bad book though. I'm sure many people will find it much better than I did, it's just very different to what I've read in the past and unfortunately, left me unsatisfied.